Please do not contact Elgin Separation Solutions directly.
Only candidates that submit resumes thru proper channels will be considered.
Please make sure your resume is attached to your email when applying.
Note: Only eligible candidates currently living in domestic United States should apply.
This position does not offer work relocation assistance.
Field Service Specialists
The Field Service Specialist (“FSS”) will assist in the installation, operation, trouble-shooting and service of sold/liquid separation equipment, solids management and zero-discharge equipment (VCD’s, shakers, centrifuges, dewatering units, centrifugal pumps, package systems, etc).
Additionally, the FSE may be called upon to assist in the maintenance and fabrication of equipment before and after possible service jobs and assist in rig setups, troubleshooting efforts, daily reporting responsibilities, maintenance routines, and ordering equipment/supplies.
Key Skills and Competencies:
- Minimum five (5) years of experience of the service and operation of capital equipment used within the oil & gas, petrochemical, rendering, dredging, coal, HHD or related industry.
- Must have –“hands-on” solids control equipment experience (VCD’s, centrifuges, shakers, dewatering units, pumps, agitators, etc.). Experience must include specification, set-up, troubleshooting, repair, and maintenance.
- Must have some advance computer skills, Experience must include knowledge of automation communication protocols utilize on the update, troubleshooting and startup of complex automated equipment.
- Must be able to work in extreme weather conditions.
- Must be willing to travel 25-75%, ready to travel within 24-hour notice, and stay on location for extended periods of time.
- Must have a valid passport and be willing to travel international for extended periods of time on a short notice.
- Read and understand mechanical, electrical/electronic, pneumatic, and hydraulic drawings, schematics, and diagrams.
- Apply technical skills in an effective customer-service oriented manner.
- Demonstrate interpersonal skills, including excellent written and verbal communication skills. Must be capable of working with difficult people and capable of maintaining professionalism in stressful conditions.
- Work effectively with little or no supervision. Must be self-motivated and capable of maintaining a high work ethic, regardless of circumstance.
- Good organizational skills, problem solving skills, ability to read and comprehend technical drawings and proven management leadership qualities.
- Knowledge of administrative and clerical procedures and systems such as word processing and managing records.
- Excellent organizational skills.
Responsibilities and Accountabilities
- Principle job functions are outlined below:
- Responsible for technical support and service of all ELGIN equipment deployed; coordination with Engineering, Manufacturing and Product Development, in Stafford, Texas, to address customer concerns.
- When deployed, the Field Service Specialist must ensure that all activities are engaged in a safe manner in accordance with customer and ELGIN policies. This includes proper lock-out / tag-out, electrical safety, lifting, ladder and crane safety, machinery guarding, confined space entry and any other applicable safety practice.
- Must actively work with customers and ELGIN Engineers and Quality Assurance Specialists to identify possible equipment enhancements and/or new product innovations based on feedback received from customers and observations made relative to the field deployment of ELGIN equipment.
- Make service calls whenever required, to customer or rig locations to check the operational efficiency of our equipment at these locations. When service work is not available, the FSS shall coordinate with the Field Services Supervisor to support equipment manufacturing and/or testing, or will make rig / customer calls to check the status of ELGIN equipment and work with customer personnel to enhance customer relationships.
- Assist in refurbishing and maintaining equipment at customer locations. This will require the organizational and coordination of day trips to rigs.
- Shall be responsible for the maintenance, review and filing of service tickets to be completed for all field service jobs. A service ticket shall be completed for each field service effort and shall be signed by a customer representative prior to leaving the job site. All field service tickets shall be submitted to the Field Services Supervisors for review and approval.
- Maintain an expense report and submit it monthly to the Field Services Supervisor for approval.
- Maintain communication with the Field Services Supervisor, when travelling, on a daily basis.
- Coordinate travel and visa arrangements, upon approval from the Field Services Supervisor.
- Develop positive relationship with all customer personnel encountered and a positive rapport with ELGIN customers. All concerns to be reported to the Field Services Supervisor.
- Any additional responsibilities as identified by your Supervisor.
1. Travel 25% to75% - domestic and international.
2. Must have a valid Passport with at least 6 months of validity.