CMI™ Vertical Screen Scroll Centrifuge
* Actual feed rate dependent on material type, size distribution, and particle density.
The CMI Model EBR/EBW Vertical Screen-Scroll Centrifuges are designed for small particles and will provide efficient and consistent moisture reduction even with fluctuating feed rates. Commonly used with a continuous process in which slurry containing both solid and liquid is continuously fed into and continuously discharged from the centrifuge.
In a typical screen scroll centrifuge, the basic principle is that entering feed is separated into liquid and solids as two products. In a typical screen scroll centrifuge, the basic principle is that entering feed is separated into liquid and solids as two products. The feed is transported from small to larger diameter end of basket by the inclination of the screen basket and slightly different speed of the scraper. The solid material retained on the screen is moved along the cone via an internal screw conveyor while the liquid output is obtained due to centrifugal force causes the feed slurry to pass through the screen openings.
- Abrasion Resistant Wear Parts assure maximum parts life.
- High Strength Gearing and a Sealed Drive Unit which can be replaced without exposing the gearing to the surroundings.
- Direct Oil Lubrication driven separately by a gear pump.
- EBR and EBW are interchangeable with only rotating process components changing between designs.
- Easy Maintenance means that an experienced mechanic can change a screen in as little as 20 minutes. Belts can be changed without the need to disassemble the centrifuge.
- EBR Centrifuges come standard with the CMI Long Life Parts Package® which provides the most reliable, longest life parts available, significantly reducing cost-per-ton of processed solids.